Thread: FIZ-Special dividend in Jan

1. Default

Nope! Interest rates will either continue to rise or they will hold steady until the majority of the excesses are worked out of equities, R.E., commodities....like I said befo, this may be a simple case of a quick hit to drop em (like Oct 1987) forthcoming. The Fed can inject liquidity without making any mo adjustments to rates at all. If things get bad enough then they can adjust rates and bonds will be a decent play. It remains to be seen if things get bad enough for a recession to take place. I doan personally think so...but we shall see.

2. Default FIZ-Special dividend in Jan

I agree that alcohol is not an alternative fuel. We still need to eat bread, and meat. Do you think we can grow enough crops of any kind to supply our energy needs. This is a fad that will end. We are going to have to change to electric cars, and supply that electricity by solar, wind, and nuclear power plants.

Boo, when the price of gas is 5.00 in about 4 years, I'm sure people will be glad that they bought a hybrid car. Toyota is going to make every type of their cars into optional hybrids by the year 2012.

3. Default

My only point is that ethanol is actually very profitable right now and plants can actually lock in high profits for a few years right now with forward contracts and futures. With the MTBE going by the wayside, there is a ethanol shortage right now. Plants are going up very fast, but not near as fast as the demand is increasing. I do thing that PEIX is overvalued right now, but GPRE is cheap. The only reason GPRE is cheap right now is because they didn't offer it as a IPO. They did their inital fundraising in Iowa where the plant is going and are just using Nasdaq as a secondary market. There just wasn't any buzz for that reason. In the 10-Q, it looks like they plan to do a secondary public offering in the next couple months for the next plant. That should make the price go that much higher.

4. Default

Hybrids will be short lived too because, folks, we will run out of oil. Hopefully, before the whole ozone layer is destroyed! Then we will change from hybrids to full electric cars. In twenty years from now when no cars are selling gasoline, boo will be trying to find gas for $50/gal in his antique Hummer. He will only be able to drive it once a week, but he'll be threatening to run over all the little electric cars.

5. Default

I agree that alcohol is not an alternative fuel. We still need to eat bread, and meat. Do you think we can grow enough crops of any kind to supply our energy needs? This is a fad that will end. We are going to have to change to electric cars, and supply that electricity by solar, wind, and nuclear power plants.

Boo, when the price of gas is 5.00 in about 4 years, I'm sure people will be glad that they bought a hybrid car. Toyota is going to make every type of their cars into optional hybrids by the year 2012.

Hybrids will be short lived too because, folks, we will run out of oil. Hopefully, before the whole ozone layer is destroyed! Then we will change from hybrids to full electric cars. In twenty years from now when no one is selling gasoline, Boo will be trying to find gas for $50/gal in his antique Hummer. He will only be able to drive it once a week, but he'll be threatening to run over all the little electric cars.

6. Default

I think its a great idea,
    1st, it creates more jobs on American soil, and it seems to me that the idea of more American jobs is highlighted with the upcoming election.
    and the demands of our country as a whole.

2nd, I don't see our relationship with the middle east gettin any better any time soon. With the threat of war in Iran and the continuing threat of a terrorist attack, regardless of how you feel look at the polls, and in my opinion fuk em anyhow. The prob right now is that dub has his hands in more oil than Jenna on two for Tues and three for Thurs put together, and thats allot of oil!!

3rd, WE HAVE THE RESOURCES !! heres an idea.... American made oil !!
    stamp that on the 89 octane and I might not curse the oil jockey behind the counter when I throw down a bill and fill up my SUV, at least I know where the money is going...
    HOW BOUT AMERICAN MADE BIO DIESEL??
    OR, OIL SANDS??
    Seems to me that the ideas are out there, and I find it very hard to believe that I am the only one who is sick of just throwing my money out to unappreciative a$$holes.
    There WILL be progression in alternative fuels and when it pops I will be there and waiting, the sooner the better.. At this point I don't care if we have to kick the caribou off the grasslands of Alaska ta get there.

7. Default

We could grow sugar that is the one source of ethanol or biomass that could supply energy at a loss on the energy equation. Oh yeah for those of you who don't know ethanol is a number of negative energy fuels.

Oil sands would work if there was an easy way to get the oil out in situ, but as far as I know that doesn't exist. You can take lignite and convert it to synthetic diesel through lurgi or similar processes, but even that has a definite end (~200 years). The only true answer is renewable, and hydrogen doesn't answer that equation right now due to a negative energy equation.

On nthe other hand if you know the answer to the problem you are guaranteed to make some coin.