Thread: Picking the best......

1. Default

Hi there
    I have done some research, and would like to put money into some of these great companies
    Now the great question is…. If you have to pick only five of them, who would it be?

Yum! Brands Inc (YUM)
    Best BUY Co Inc (BBY)
    NVIDIA Corp (NVDA)
    Adobe Systems Inc (ADBE)
    Garmin Ltd (GRMN)
    Kraft Foods Inc (KFT)
    Sun Microsystems Inc (JAVA)
    MGM Mirage (MGM)
    Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVS)
    Bank of America Corp (BAC)
    Citigroup Inc (C)
    The Walt Disney Co (DIS)
    The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co (GT)
    Kellogg Co (K)

Thanks!
    Christian Nielsen (Newbie trader

2. Default Picking the best......

I really like Best Buy(BBY). I bought some shares a few days ago. The price went down after I bought it, but it is back to where I purchased it at now. I think electronics will do very well this XMAS. People love the gadgets. Plus gaming software and hardware should do well. And their main competitor(CC) sucks. I think it has a good shot to be in the middle to upper $50's by the end of the year. They just had a better than expected QTR. The stock hasn't done much this year, and I think it's undervalued. They also have a dividend. And they have a large share repurchase program in place, so I think the risk/reward on the stock is very good.

I would be cautious on LVS. I recommended it a few weeks ago when it was at $80 for a swing trade. It's now $133. That's a heck of a run in a short time. So I wouldn't buy it right now. I'd avoid GRMN right now too. That stock went up 100% in just 6 months. I think many will start to take profits now.

3. Default

GRMN. It is dipping on some presumed "bad" news. Once it stops falling, buy it, be careful not to catch it falling though, that hurts. Let it find bottom and make it's move back upward.

I bought this one back at 45 on an earnings dip and have been satisfied ever since.

4. Default

CBAK good long term play imo and nice to trade when when volume comes in. Watch this 1 as it has had some nice runs in the past. They are also working on a deal with HP, chinese stocks are hot so watch this 1. Good luck