Thread: He Could Say He Was Wrong

1. Default He Could Say He Was Wrong

I Have Made Money With His Tips. But I Lost On His Tip For Ardi (oh Poor Me) Last Night He Said It Was Worst Of Breed Neglected To Mention Thath He Reccomended It On 2/17 "i Like It A Lot Two Thumbs Up Goes To Six" Cramer. Went To 4.70 Up To 5.20 For A Moment Then Crashed To At This Time 4.90-95. Ticked Me Off That He Neglected To Mention He Had Picked It.
    Also He Explained How The Long And Short Buyers Take His Picks And Bump Up The Price And Then Sell Short,(the Next Day Opening Price Is Below The Extended Hours Trades And Many Times Never Recovers And This Manipulation Can Be Costly. Although The Stock Shows A Gain For The Day) It Would Give His Picks More Credibility If He Explained How The Short Sellers Know To Buy His Tip Before It Is Broadcast At 6-7pm Est. The Best Reply I Got When I Asked This Before Was "get A Job As The Janitor At His Tv Studio" It Seems Somebody Has An Inside Track And The Msnbc Disclaimer Spoken At The End Of The Show States "this Information May Have Been Told To People Prior To The Show" I Guess That Makes It Legit.
    So Yes The Extended Hours Traders "cowboys" Will Lose Money But It Seems To Be Rigged For That.
    I Know To Do Research But Presumebly He Has Done Research And Is Again Presumebly A Brilliant Analyst.his Research Would Probably Be Better Than Mine, Otherwise I Would Be The "professional Astute Analyst And Stock Reccomender" Sour Grapes Yes But Still Believe In The Tooth Fairy And Straight Talk.

2. Default

If you like one of his picks, write it down and revisit it in a month.

By then, all the ups and downs in the stock have washed themselves out.

Decide at that point if you want in, based on "homework".

I did that with ING. It's up nicely.

3. Default

Yea, and I wouldn't buy anything he recommends during extended hours trading...unless you really know what your doing.......or your shorting it............

Have a good one, and consider yourself lucky, for you learned a valuable lesson early in the game...

4. Default

Unfortunately, this is par for the course for Cramer.

At least he's honest about it. He goes into great detail in his book, "Confessions of a Street Addict" how he used to benefit (and indeed intiate) this exact same "scam" (for lack of a better word) when he was working the hedge fund.

Apparently he sees nothing wrong with this.

here's the NY Times book review for that book

June 9, 2002
    Street News
    By DAVID WARSH

CONFESSIONS OF
    A STREET ADDICT
    By James J. Cramer.
    339 pp. New York:
    Simon & Schuster. $26.

5. Default

IF you pay attention to the stock market, it's hard not to know something about James J. Cramer. His engaging face, flower-fresh and smiling when the great bull market began in 1982, is worn a bit by gravity, as attested by the close-cropped photograph on the cover of his book. The ''confessions'' of the title appears in print across his furrowed brow, as once he required subordinates to wear Post-its on their foreheads with reminders of their trading losses as badges of humiliation. But for all the strung-out, street-addict look that Cramer affects, there is still something in his baleful glare that pleads ''Trust me!'' We all know what that means on Wall Street.

Cramer gained fame in the late 1980's as an enthusiast of stocks. The manager of a hedge fund, he appeared on Charlie Rose's show in 1989 to urge investors to sell the Nikkei at 38,000 and buy the Dow at 3,000 -- a brilliant call. He became a market guru, a fixture on programs like ''Squawk Box'' and ''Good Morning America,'' famous for his keyboard-smashing rages. But Cramer doubled as a financial journalist, first for The New Republic, then for SmartMoney and New York magazine, finally as a founder of the Web site TheStreet.com. When TheStreet.com was riding high, he compared himself to the founder of Time magazine, Henry Luce.

It was a pipe dream. Trading was Cramer's day job, not publishing. The techniques his hedge fund relied on to make money cut against his journalism at every turn. He wanted to be a great financier and a great journalist. By the time he quit his shrunken fund in late 2000, he was neither. He had become a strange hybrid, a kind of money-management performance artist.