Thread: Cycle Discussion

1. Default Cycle Discussion

madcowdisease,

This might be a good idea for a thread.

Hopefully more will join the discussion.

I would appreciate maybe a brief summary of your understanding to help kick things off.

2. Default

My reading of cycles states we should anticipate right translation during uptrends and left translation during downtrends. While this might seem obvious it can be a helpful signal in our analyses. Should we see perhaps a crossing over of key moving averages and momentum indicators starting to turn south during an uptrend, if we were to then see a cycle cut short with left translation it aids in giving us a signal the trend is changing and vice versa for downtrend reversals.

3. Default

Hi, LM. Hoping you might run a cycle analysis on GLD. As shown below it's flashing overbought all over the place. This leads me to believe a retracement is imminent; the question is when. I'm hoping a cycle analysis might shed some light on the timing of a pullback.

4. Default

If you would like to see any of these cycle methods and theories coded send me a me an email from this page.

Here: http://www.letstrend.com/theblog/contact.aspx

I'm always on the look out for interesting things to code and add to my site. I'll be happy to take a look at anything. I'll code it if I feel that its worth my time to do so.

You can also PM Me.

5. Default

I disagree, es broke through the 1152 resistance today and stayed above. I think we will get another run, letting all my longs ride now.

A bull market can stay overbought for a long time, so those signals aren't as useful as oversold signals.