Thread: Dcmt.ob

1. Default Dcmt.ob

Document Capture Technologies, Inc. “DCT” is a world-wide leader in the design, development, manufacturing, and sale of USB powered mobile page-fed document capture solutions. DCT provides more than 20 different products across five distinct categories, which are distributed globally through private label solutions to leading Tier 1 OEMs, VAR’s and other system integrators, such as CardScan, Visioneer, and Pentax. DCT has approximately 45 key accounts, predominantly in North America and an intellectual property (IP) portfolio that includes four key underlying patents with an additional patent pending. DCT maintains an aggressive IP strategy to defend its technology and market leadership position.

2. Default

DCT, formerly Sysview Technology (SYVT), has been involved in the secure imaging market for over seven years. Since that time DCT has steadily grown its business (37% three-year organic CAGR) based on document capture-verification in the health care, law enforcement, insurance, financial, banking and compliance vertical markets. Its vertical integration and innovative proprietary system development kits allow for a broad range of applications, faster time-to-market and ease of integration for its customers.

DCT’s commitment to R&D and product innovation has resulted in the ability to continue to provide demand-driven products on the forefront of the paper-to-digital revolution. With the proliferation of paper-to-digital green initiatives, high security demands, and accelerated financial transactions (a la Check 21) legislation), the demand for innovative ways to digitally capture, authenticate, store, share, and manage information is clear and DCT is well-positioned for continued future growth. DCT enjoys extensive product life cycles of 18-36 months, which management believes is a competitive advantage.

3. Default

I am loving what I have been reading on this company.

Personal USB driven scanners
    - Company and licensees hold more than 70% marketshare
    - Recent contrcat with Qualcomm
    - Positive EBITDA for the 3rd consecutive quarter in 2008
    - Rising cash flow -2.3 million
    - Cash on hand $800,000, Working Capital $1.5 million
    Lots of good stuff on this one. I'm loving this one

4. Default

Solid looking play here.

Doing some DD on this one and I gotta say, I am impressed. Looks like they are ready to take the next step with a already very nice foundation. Got some ties to some MAJOR PLAYERS including Qualcomm and Brother!! I will be picking some up in the morning. Thanks for bringing this one to my attention!

Document Capture Expands In-Depth Management Team

New VP, Sales & Marketing Brings Extensive Experience with Fortune 500, Start-up Companies

SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb 03, 2009 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Document Capture Technologies, Inc. (OTCBB: DCMT), an IP-driven worldwide leader in the design, development and sale of next-generation portable scanning technologies, today announced that Ms. Excelle Liu has joined the Company as Vice President Sales and Marketing.

5. Default

Ms. Liu brings more than 15 years' experience as a marketing strategist and Silicon Valley technology entrepreneur. She holds an MBA in International Business from Thunderbird School of Global Management

"With DCT positioned for outstanding growth in 2009, Excelle brings exceptional skills to significantly accelerate those plans," said Bill Hawkins, President and Chief Operating Officer. "Her background includes the successful deployment of a myriad of innovative global marketing and sales strategies for international public companies as well as leading edge technology startups."

Prior to joining DCT, Ms. Liu held multiple senior management roles focused on driving global sales and marketing. Most recently, she was Director of Marketing and Communications, Strategic Markets Division, for a major international financial services company. Previous to this role, she was a Managing Partner at Paradigms Consulting Group, a management consultancy that enables high-growth technology companies to successfully enter new markets. As a Silicon Valley entrepreneur, Ms. Liu was co-founder and VP Marketing at an award winning enterprise software company that was acquired in 2005.

Ms. Liu's role at DCT will include identifying new business opportunities, developing customer-focused sales and marketing plans and launching innovative, new products.