Thread: What's your position in stocks right now?

1. Default What's your position in stocks right now?

Based on the charts the dow needs to cut to lower levels i am neither short nor long cause I'M in "Skeeeerdy Cat" mode....

The djia can't really stray much higher than 9300 and we almost there now + based on the steam of the pulse....

I could go short but at the time i haven't the slightest idea what the governemt may come up wit to send the markets into a frenzy so i will stick to da daily scalps when they look safe...

safe is not today.

2. Default

I'm currently at 52% cash.

I currently have shares of:

INFA: Still my favorite tech stock

WWE: My favorite dividend play. A great cash business that is growing world wide.

ITWO: An arbitrage play. Worth $14.86 if the deal goes through.

CELG: My favorite biotech play. I like GILD too.

BEAV: A great aerospace play. The stock was hit hard by the BA strike and market melt down. Will buy more shares when the Boeing strike is finally over.

ABB: Started a new position this week. Great balance sheet. The world need lots of power going forward. They should do really well. Might add more shares after they report next week.

3. Default

Sold my shares of CSCO and ARTG a few weeks ago to have more cash available to trade. ARTG is one of my favorite spec plays. Might start a new position again after they have their conference call.

I think now is a good time to make buy lists and wait for big down days to start small positions in stocks you like. I think the market trend will still be lower for at least the next 3 months. Hedge funds are still dumping. So they'll be plenty of bargains in the near future. Good luck.

4. Default

Jacob...I'm really impressed by your calls your past 2 days...great job. But if you could please go into a little more detail about how you determine the resistance & support levels that you have made...other than "by the steam of the pulse". I'm a newbie and I want to do the work to learn how to know the limits like that..

any books you might recommend?