Thread: Scorch Thoughts on TDCP

1. Default Scorch Thoughts on TDCP

October has the Triple Witching day. It's when everything expires. There are cycles to the year, usually 3 bad months. But October is the worst. You really want to sit out the next month.

Read some books during that month. Visit your local library and check out all the investment books. I've been reading a bunch. Most of the books talk about Buffett, but that's long term. There are speculator books I can recommend if you want. The authors name is Victor Neidermeider. He has a few books out.

2. Default

.. not trying to bag on anyone, because everyone on this board is, or has concern for newbies, but (from investopedia):

Triple Witching

An event that occurs when the contracts for stock index futures, stock index options and stock options all expire on the same day. Triple witching days happen four times a year: the third Friday of March, June, September and December.

3. Default

The final trading hour for that Friday is the hour known as triple witching. The markets are quite volatile in this final hour, as traders are quickly offsetting their option/futures orders before the closing bell. If you are a long-term investor, triple witching will have a minimal impact on you.

4. Default

As Sven just pointed out; triple witching was last week (ending 9/15) and traditionally September has been the worst month for the market.

5. Default

if its going to charge you, then should tell you. Before signing up, i read everything and i did not read anything about that. If there going to hit you with fees that they dont tell you about you have every right to bitch. In essence what you are doing is canceling your prior order. You bought 40 shares so they charger your comission. Then you are placing a new order at a different price. Once you buy 1 share, you will get charged.