Thread: IVOT and others

1. Default IVOT and others

I hope GM gets one more gap up. I've been wanting to short this overinflated company.

Some firm had it upgraded so they could dump the shares at an inflated price. I bet it goes back to 25.

2. Default

I think BORL might be a good short candidate. I think they got upgraded today so some institutions can dump their shares.

Borland was the 2nd stock I ever purchased. I made a good profit with their stock. I sold my shares several years ago. I got out just in time. The company has been declining ever since. They are now trying to become a software service company, while trying to sell off their software tools division. I think the stock could easily go to $3 a share. The only negative about shorting this stock is that another company could buy them out. IMO, the near future for BORL doesn't look that good.

3. Default

Can you pick your exit price on shorting? Say a stock is at 50 and I think it's heading south. I sell short X amount of shares. If I see it drop to 40, could I sell them back at that price? Or, does it have to be a certain percent down or a certain time or what? Also, how long can you hold this stock? Say it goes up to 55, but I still think it'll come down. Can I sit on it and wait till it's below 50? Is there a time limit?

4. Default

shorting is no different than buying on margin.. the same rules apply

if you sell at $50, you can cover any time you want... $49.85, $47, $25.. whatever

if the trade goes against you, you can hold indefinitely, provided you have enough money in your account to cover your minimum requirements. Each broker has different rules

5. Default

Hard to borrow. The arbs have a huge trade on where they are short the common, and long the bonds. Your broker is going to tell you that you can't short it because you can't borrow it. Not true, but it means that you will have to endure pain as all these guys get squeezed out (remember the first squeeze when Kerkorian bot his first stake) and the price runs again. Ultimately you will be right, but unless you have deep pockets, you may go broke first.