Thread: Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?

Barryfem Guest

Default Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?

Do you like Huey Lewis and the News? (10 votes)

Yes 80%
    No 20%
    Solid band

2. Default

They were ok. Had some catchy songs.

Billiegut Guest

Well personally their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.

4. Default

I wasn't a huge fan,but did like some of their songs. Working for the weekend,Power of Love, Ghostbusters... err I mean I Want a new drug were good songs.plus several others.

5. Default

Yes. Mainly because of Back To the Future. And that one song that sounds oddly familiar to the ghost busters theme song.